1 February 2017
5/5/3×5 @ 90/95/100%
DB Box Step Ups (20”) (45/35)
40 Seconds Plank Hold; 20 Seconds Rest (A: Weighted)
2017 CROSSFIT GAMES OPEN REGISTRATION:
Ok, Team CrossFit Kingstowne, its that time of year again! Its time to register for the 2017 CrossFit Games Open! The open kicks off on 27 February and will run through 27 March 2017. Each week, during the open, CrossFit Headquarters will release a WOD on Thursday night and participants will have until Monday 8 p.m. EST to complete the workout at an authorized affiliate or submit a video and upload their scores online. Participants will then be ranked across their region as well as the world. Last year there were over 300,000 people participating across the globe. To learn more about the open and its history follow the link to CROSSFIT GAMES.
Registration for the open is simple, just follow the steps below and be sure to select CrossFit Kingstowne as both your affiliate and Team. The cost is only $20 for five weeks of fun. Last year we had over 103 of our members participate and every weekend during the open was a blast. My goal this year is to double that number! There is nothing more exciting than completing the open workouts while your friends and family cheer you on.
The open is about having fun and challenging yourself. There is of course a competition aspect to it and ultimately the best of the best will elevate first to regionals and then to the CrossFit Games (being held in Wisconsin this year). But the open is about so much more than that, anyone who has ever participated can tell you. I am not taking any excuses this year! I personally have been battling an elbow injury to both elbows and I still signed up for the open. I may have to do every workout scaled this year – but that is ok – it is more important to me to participate with everyone any way I can and have fun. Many of you have put in some hard work this year, if you competed in previous opens its an excellent opportunity to see how much stronger and faster you have become since last year. If its your first year its about seeing what you can achieve and an opportunity to set goals for next year. There is a division and category for everyone. The open includes a scaled division as well as the Rx division. This year they have also introduced a new masters division for the 35-39 age division. This is huge! Just like last year we will be running the open workouts on Fridays and then holding a throw down on Saturdays – so you will have multiple opportunities to complete the open workouts each week after they are released each Thursday.
To register for the Open follow the steps below or follow this link for more detailed instructions HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE OPEN:
- Go to games.crossfit.com and click the REGISTER Button in the center of the screen.
- Login or Create an Account. If this is your first time registering create a user name and password and follow the steps to create an account. If you have participated in previous opens be sure to login with your previous username and password so that you can see your statistics from previous opens.
- Enter or Edit your Athlete Profile and Information
- Sign Waiver and Pay $20 to participate
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to select CrossFit Kingstowne as both your affiliate where you will complete the workouts and your Team. You need to select it for both affiliate and Team otherwise I won’t be able to add you to the team.