ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY MURPH + BBQ:
We will be hosting our annual Memorial Day Murph WOD and BBQ/Potluck on Monday, 28 May (Memorial Day). The heat registration form is below via the link. Just an update: We have added a fourth heat time of 12 p.m. for anyone who has not yet signed up. We will be bringing in Sweet Fire Donna’s BBQ for the group (around 11 a.m.). We ordered a bunch of Pulled Pork, Chicken and Brisket and invite you to bring a side dish or dessert to share with the group. We will also have the grill running and you are welcome to bring some meat to throw on the grill if you want. And of course we will have some adult beverages and non-adult beverages for you. We will also be holding our Prize raffle for the Murph Prep Challenge that day as well for anyone who participated in our weekly Murph Challenges during the month. This is our 8th year running this event and we look forward to spending the day with our amazing CrossFit Kingstowne Family and honoring the fallen. All friends and family are of course welcome to join us. We will have the spike ball and corn hole set up out back and a bouncy house for the little ones set up inside.
Group Foundations: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Open Gym: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Free Intro Class: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1) Snatch: Build to Heavy Single
2) Clean and Jerk: Build to Heavy Single
3) Strict Press: Establish 7 RM
4) Weighted Strict Pull Up: Establish 5 RM
5) 400m Walking Lunge (S: 200m) * If doing Murph on Monday skip this portion
1) With 5 Minute Running Clock…Practice Skin the Cat or Progressions
2) Accumulate 50 Toes to Rings; 5 Burpee Penalty for every Break
3) HS Walking Practice: 3 x Max Meter HS Walk
* Rest 2 Minutes between attempts
If you cannot do minimum of 3m(approx. 10′); then practice HS Progressions (Donkey Kicks, Wall Walks, HS Holds, Shoulder Taps, HSW, HS Walk Obstacles)