31 HEROES WOD:
On Saturday, 4 August we will be running the annual 31 Heroes WOD. This workout was was designed to remember the 30 servicemen and 1 service dog who were lost tragically on August 6, 2011 when their CH-47 Chinook helicopter was downed in Afghanistan. The workout is to honor their legacy of sacrifice. The workout is a partner workout, and the workout can be scaled or modified as needed to ensure everyone can participate. On Saturday, 4 August we will be running heats starting at 9:30 a.m. until the last team completes the workout. I will be posting a heat sheet later this week where you can your partner can register for a heat time. If you don’t have a partner, you can put your name down so other folks looking for a partner can join you or we can try and pair you up. To read more about the 31 Heroes Project, the workout, and how you can contribute to the program follow the link below. Each year there is a t-shirt made for the workout that is available for purchase and the proceeds go to support the 31 Heroes organization.
UNLOADED FIT CAMP: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
WARRIOR WOD: 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
CFK WOD: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
OPEN GYM: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
FREE INTRO CLASS: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
UNLOADED FIT CAMP:
250m Row (Partner holds DBs in Front Rack)
10 DB Strict Press (Rx: 35/20; S: 25/15)
10 Hanging Knee Raises (S: Sit Ups)
P1 does 10 Strict Press, then P2 does 10 Strict Press…etc.
400m sandbag run (partners trade sandbag as needed)
PART A. 10 Minutes to establish 3RM OH Squat
**Rest 5 Minutes
PART B. For Time:
OH Squat: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
** Weight is based on 60% of 3RM OH Squat completed in Part A
** Rest 10 Minutes
2 Ring Muscle Ups
4 Hang Power Cleans (155/105)
6 Push Jerks
Partner 1 Runs 400m with plate (25/15)
Partner 2 Completes:
12 Push Press (Rx: 115/75; S: 95/65; S2: 75/55)
12 Burpees over the Bar
** Partners alternate between run and triplet until each complete 6 full rounds
1) Build to a heavy pause at the knee Snatch. Pause should be 1-2 seconds and should be clear pause.
2) Build to a heavy complex of Hang Power Clean + Power Clean + Hang Squat Clean
3) Jerk: 2-2-2-2
4) Snatch Panda Pulls: 3 x 3-5 @ 85-90% of Heavy Pause Snatch for the Day
1) Accumulate 3 Minutes on your hands (walking, holds against wall, freestanding holds)
2) 3 RM Broad Jump in 5 Minutes
3) 7 Rounds: 10 Unbroken C2B Pull Ups (S: Regular Pull Ups) * If 10 is too many to achieve unbroken, then choose a number of reps that you can do unbroken but will still be challenging.
4) Tabata: Hollow Holds