31 HEROES WOD:
On Saturday, 4 August we will be running the annual 31 Heroes WOD. This workout was was designed to remember the 30 servicemen and 1 service dog who were lost tragically on August 6, 2011 when their CH-47 Chinook helicopter was downed in Afghanistan. The workout is to honor their legacy of sacrifice. The workout is a partner workout, and the workout can be scaled or modified as needed to ensure everyone can participate. On Saturday, 4 August we will be running heats starting at 9:30 a.m. until the last team completes the workout. I will be posting a heat sheet later this week where you can your partner can register for a heat time. If you don’t have a partner, you can put your name down so other folks looking for a partner can join you or we can try and pair you up. To read more about the 31 Heroes Project, the workout, and how you can contribute to the program follow the link below. Each year there is a t-shirt made for the workout that is available for purchase and the proceeds go to support the 31 Heroes organization.
SPINFIT: 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
GROUP FOUNDATIONS: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
OPEN GYM: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
FREE INTRO CLASS: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
1) Build to a Heavy Snatch
2) Build to Heavy Clean and Jerk
3) Clean Cluster: 1-1-1 @ 90% x 3 sets
4) KB Bent over Row: 3 x 8-12 (each arm); Superset with Max Set of Strict Ring Dips (S: Band)
1) Bar Muscle Up Skill Work: With running clock for 8 minutes work on creating more efficient/quality movement and cycling. Scale: Bar Muscle Up transition
2) EMOM: 10 Minute (Shoot for rep range between 5-7)
M1: Strict C2B Pull Ups (S: Strict Pull Ups)
M2: Strict Ring Dips
3) Accumulate 100 T2B in as minimal sets as possible
4) Accumulate 2 minutes in static ring hold